|Live and Let Doyle|
|Season 2, Episode 1|
|Air date||January 12, 2011|
|Directed by||James Allodi|
|Written by||Allan Hawco|
The Fall of the Republic
In the season 2 opener, Jake is on the trail of a group of bold daytime kidnappers; Leslie and Jake take steps to move on from each other as Rose tries to figure out the next steps after Mal's heart attack.
- Allan Hawco as Jake Doyle
- Seán McGinley as Malachy Doyle
- Lynda Boyd as Rose Miller
- Marthe Bernard as Tinny Doyle
- Mark O'Brien as Des Courtney
- Krystin Pellerin as Sergeant Leslie Bennett
- Rachel Wilson as Nikki Renholds
- Lindy Booth as Rebecca Jones
- Michelle Nolden as Allison Jenkins
- Athena Karkanis as Heather Smith
- Rick Roberts as Mayor William Cadigan Clarke
- Sean Panting as Walter McLean
- Steve O'Connell as Sergeant Daniel Hood
- Ruby Joy as Chantel
- Conrad Pla as Robert Stanford
- Matthew Deslippe as Nathan Jones
- Jill Snowden as Mrs. Philpott
- Sara Tilley as Diane
- Matt Gordon as Big Fat Ronnie
- Jake: ...I had to smash a pint on a guy's head; it's a long story.
Mal: See, ever since you started this 'love moratorium', you've been totally out of whack.
Jake: 'Love moratorium'? What is wrong with you? I'm taking a break from women for a while, that's all. And stop talking about my sex life, you're going to make me puke.
Mal: Fine, we'll wait in silence.
- Jake: I don't want you to die; sue me.
Mal: You should write greeting cards, you've got a real flair for sentiment.
- Mal: It's clear why Leslie wants nothing to do with you; you never listen to a word she says.
Jake: I listen... I just have a problem with the obeying parts.
"Safe and Sound" (1999) by Hawksley Workman.