|Sympathy for the Devil|
|Season Two, Episode Eight|
|Air date||2 March 2011|
|Directed by||Stacey Curtis|
|Written by||John Callaghan|
Crashing on the Couch
Will the Real Des Courtney Please Stand Up?
Sympathy for the Devil is the eighth episode in the second season and the twentieth in the series.
The Doyles reluctantly take on a case from a dodgy "old friend" when he promises them a big payday; Jake and Allison encounter friction when their professional lives impose on their personal relationship; Jake gets an interesting job offer from an unlikely source.
- Allan Hawco as Jake Doyle
- Seán McGinley as Malachy Doyle
- Mark O'Brien as Des Courtney
- Lynda Boyd as Rose Miller
- Marthe Bernard as Tinny Doyle
- Krystin Pellerin as Sergeant Leslie Bennett
- Jake: Well, it's a little early in the morning for the three of you to be drinking, don't you think?
Rose: Well, Martin surprised us, made us breakfast.
Martin: I got a confession to make, I actually do have an ulterior motive.
Rose: Get out.
Martin: I do.
Rose: No, I mean get out!
- Des: Ma'am, ma'am, I'm going to have to insist that you drop the taser.
Siobhan: Is that right? (she tasers him)
Des: Don't tell Jake!
Tinny: Why don't I just save you some batteries and get down?
Siobhan: Probably in your best interest.
- Des: Mal, Mal... is cake a food group?
Rose: We've got to get him looked at.
- The episode was dedicated to Paul "Full" Power (1956 - 2010).